where friends come to train.
Valentine's Day Special!!
TWO FREE PERSONAL TRAINING SESSIONS and one week free CF (VALUED AT $250).
Click Here for details!
WILL KILGOR IS OUR NEXT ATHLETE OF THE MONTH!!
We are all so thankful to have him as a part of our CF family!! He works hard during all the WODs! Will always stays extra to work on his "goats." Will is a great athlete and is extremely competitive in the WODs! He is an excellent motivator for his peers. Will takes time to get to know people and encourage them with their workouts. Above all, Will is just a super nice, caring, friendly person that kicks butt on the WODs!
Interview with Will Kilgor:
Who are you outside of CF4E?
• I have been a healthcare administrator for the Army for the last 12 or so years. While in years past I did some cooler things I am now relegated to an office where I use "data" and "spreadsheets" to ask other people to work harder and make enough money to cover their salary and mine. It's really a great gig I would highly recommend it.
What is your fitness background?
• I grew up playing soccer and doing outdoorsy stuff like backpacking and camping. In the Army we mostly focus on push-ups, sit-ups, and running and don’t always have time for weight lifting. I have done a couple of half marathons and a bunch of Army Ten-Milers, which is probably my ideal race distance. I still enjoy running longer distances, backpacking, snowboarding, and rock climbing (indoor gym style).
When and why did you start CrossFit?
• I started in San Antonio, TX in the summer of 2016. I would have considered myself a fairly decent distance runner but I was looking to put on more muscle. I know, I know, you’re wondering how I could possibly fit any more muscle onto this frame, but you should never stop trying to improve.
Favorite WOD or skill?
• Murph. It is in my wheelhouse.
• Overhead squat or snatch. Mostly because my 1RM is the same as a small child's and I have the shoulder flexibility of someone in a straitjacket.
If you could create a perfect WOD, what would it be?
• Murph is pretty great. A perfect WOD would involve no more than 95lbs, because that just sounds heavy, and would be high intensity, but not like “Fight Gone Bad” intensity. Oh and I would finish first.
Favorite cheat meal?
• Chick-fil-A, #2 with pepper jack cheese, waffle fries, and a Sprite. Great… now I’m hungry.
Most memorable or funniest memory at CF4E?
• My most memorable moment at CF4E was that time Gwen almost ran me over in the parking lot during a sprint workout. People always say they thought they were going to die during a workout but I legitimately thought I was going to die. I immediately went home and hugged my plants (girlfriend was out of town).
Advise for someone starting CrossFit?
• Just walk in the door. I sat out in the parking lot my first day of Crossfit wondering if I really needed to start this week. If you’re reading this (I don’t blame you if you’ve stopped) you’ve passed that hurdle so keep going. It gets better and you get stronger.
Anything else that makes you unique?
• My first duty station was in Germany so I got a chance to travel all over Europe. I've been to 33 countries and want to keep going! I also hate flying, so that's awkward.